Happy Veterans Day is celebrated in the United States, in the remembrance of the services of Veterans for their country and their compatriot. On this day, they used to organize a military parade, church services, and show their thankful attitude with their different actions.
Veterans Day Military Parade
In 1947, they organized the country’s biggest military parade for their great heroes in New York. On the other hand, in Birmingham, there was the longest-running Parade denoted the National Veterans Day parade. After New York and Birmingham, How Houston remains back, which is the main place of veterans, observation tells that 300,000 Veterans belonged from Houston.
The American Nation shows its love and respects its Veterans by lifting pictures in their hands during the parade.
You might be thinking that what time does the Veterans Day parade start? Here we are to tell you the exact time of the initiation of the parade. They organize the Veterans Day parade at 10:30 am and in all cities which conduct parade, time remains the same. They show gratitude, honor, and affection towards their respected military persons, who have saved their country from enemies.
As we observed that the United Nations celebrate this federal holiday wholeheartedly but they tried that nobody can get damage so, a pentagon memo said about the Veterans Day parade for this year that it will be held on November without tanks because they do not want any blockage of the roads and streets. It will be done because the citizens should not face any inconvenience during the parade is going on. They do take care of the citizens even if they are celebrating and dedicating this day to the Veterans of the US.
Now you will be thinking that what would they do? So, now we are going to discuss some unusual and interesting facts about the American Veterans.
- It’s not like that the Veterans just belonged to the big cities and became a hero for the compatriot. Lt. Colonel Joe M. Jackson and Major Stephen W. Pless, belonged from Newnan, the smallest town of State Georgia, got Medal of Honor. Jackson presented his services in World War II against Korea and Vietnam, and Pless showed his devotion in Vietnam.
- Audie Murphy was known as a soft-hearted and polite person of World War I. He got many awards in regard of his utmost services included Medal of Honor, Purple Heart with 2 Oakleaf Clusters and Distinguished Services cross. First, he was the hero of real-life after World War I, his heroism shifted to acting and made him a successful actor. His first film “To Hell and back” was his autobiography, released in 1955.
- Nobody can forget another hero of American Veterans, who had a different and long-time career named Lt. General Russel L. Honore. After that, he served as a commander of the Joint Task Force-Katrina.
- The United States Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron played a vital role in both Wars. The Naval and Marine pilots known as Blue Angels were most daring ambassadors.
- There are only a few mentioned here, but as far as the services of the Veterans are concerned, every Veteran is a hero of the nation.
The 35% Veterans of World War II are alive. We can listen to their experiences from them and get passion from them for the betterment of the country. Moreover, we can also take part in making the country a better place to live by giving small services. For example, we should be mindful of other people, and we should help the people around us. So that we can be satisfied that we are at least doing something for the people of the nation.
Veterans Day Parade NYC
The people of New York City also join in the parade on this great day. Do you know? In New York City, a minimum of 20,000 people takes part in the parade. The patriotic of New York is celebrating parade from 1929.
Furthermore, the civilian people appreciate the soldiers on this great day. Many people give gifts to the soldiers. On this day, all the people honor those veterans who have died in the first world war.
In the parade, marchers’ varieties are floats, and marching bands take part. All the military officers, veterans’ groups, junior ROTC members, and their families also present in the parade. The starting time of this parade is 10’ O clock and starts with a wreathing laying ceremony.
People gather in the Eternal Flame in Madison Square Park to celebrate this day by parading. The period of the pared is two hours. It starts at 11’o clock and lasts 2 o clock.
Veterans Day Parade Route Of NYC
As I stated earlier that people gather in the Eternal Flame in Madison Square Park to celebrate or join the parade. If you want to join this parade and know the route, then don’t need to worry.
The parade starts on the fifth avenue at 29th street and ends on the fifth avenue at 59th street. If you live in New York, then you can join this parade easily. There are many parades in all the cities of America every year. Furthermore, you can join the other parades also. You should forget to join the parade on this great day.
Hopefully, you will take in the parade with great spirit and courage. If you want to get details about the parade timing of other cities, then you should tell me through the contact section.
Thanks For Visiting!