Why is Veterans Day on November 11
Why is Veterans Day on November 11:-There are many people out there who are confused about Veterans Day that why is it important to celebrate this day, means what is the reason behind celebrating this day. Well, if you are the one who is wondering that why this day is important, why is Veterans Day celebrated on Nov 11, and why do we celebrate it then let us clear it to you.
First of all, you need to think about this day a bit so that you can get your facts clear. See, the freedom you are enjoying today is because of thousands of sacrifices of the Army men, who did not worry about their lives but our freedom.
If we look carefully at the facts then we will come to know that one day of celebration in a year is nothing in front of the atrocities and struggle the Veterans did for us and they had to face. There are many of them who are undergoing the physical therapy and many are disabled, why? Just because that we can enjoy freedom and nothing could harm us and our Country. The social life of all the soldiers is hampered because their career does not allow them to pay attention to it.
Why is Veterans Day On Nov 11th
If we are honoring them for their services and bravery then this thing is the least we can do for them. So, we should take part in paying tribute to these brave Veterans so that they could know, we love and honor them.
Let us have a look at some facts about Happy Veterans Day 2018 so that you can add much to your knowledge about this day.
- During WWII round about four lac members of the U.S Armed Forces were killed just to protect the citizens from all the odds
- There are only 35% Veterans left who fought during the Vietnam War, other than these are not alive because they were killed during the war while fighting. There were many who were severely injured but they are here to tell the amazing war stories of their bravery to the world.
- There are a million living Veterans in the U.S who have served for quite a long period and took part in at least one war.
- When we talk about the old war times, then it was quite difficult to give all the Veterans proper health and medical care facilities as it was not possible. Due to the fact that the number of the injured soldiers was quite high so it was not possible to provide all of them with the healthcare facilities at that time. When we look deeper into the facts then we come to know that there were only 54 medical care centers making it impossible to provide the healthcare facilities to a large number of people.
Now, you know about the sacrifices and bravery of the Veterans, and what they did just for our protection. You have a clear idea of the celebration we do on this day and why should we pay our gratitude to Veterans. Let us clear some of your questions so that you will get ready to celebrate this day this year.
Is Veterans Day always celebrated on November 11?
Earlier it was celebrated on the last week of October but later it was shifted on 11th of November. From then, this day is being celebrated on November 11th each year. But if this date comes on Saturday or Sunday then it will be celebrated on the adjacent Friday or Monday, and the Veterans Day Federal Holiday will be on that day as well.
What Do We celebrate Veterans Day on November 11th?
As far as the celebrations are concerned, there is a lot more to do on this day. For example, you can take part in the parade that is being held all across the country. You can also take part in many other ceremonies, students learn patriotism in their schools as some of them are opened on this day just for the sake of celebrations in the school.
What countries Celebrate Veterans Day on November 11th
As you can notice that we have a common history but this day evolved in a different way all across the globe. It is being called by many names and is celebrated in a different way and it may not even be celebrated on the same date as well.
Let us see that what countries celebrate it and how.
- It is a public holiday in Canada and they celebrate this day with full honor.
- It is also celebrated in the Cayman Islands where it is observed on the second Monday in November.
- As far as the U.S is concerned, it is celebrated on November 11th each year.
- In the UK, a moment of silence is observed on 11th November but there is no public holiday and the closest Sunday to 11th is considered to be the Veterans day 2018 for them.
- New Zealand and Australia also get all the events done at Gallipoli and the celebrations of this day are considered to be the most important ones for the people living there.
- France and Belgium mark this day a federal holiday and they celebrate it with full honor. Veterans Day Parades can be seen all across France and the grand parade can be seen in Paris at the Arc de Triomphe.Why is Veterans Day on November 11?
As it is a Federal holiday at many places so the schools remain closed as well as the offices. If somebody is required to do work on this day, then it’s his choice that he will accept it or not. Moreover, if he accepts to work on this day then he will get an extra salary of working on this day.
So, this was all you needed to know about this amazing day, we celebrate in the honor of all the Veterans. We do this to let them know that how much we regard their efforts and bravery in the war, and even if they had not fought one, we regard their services. You should celebrate this day with complete gratitude and thankfulness to the Veterans to let them know about your affection towards them.
Watch More:- When is Veteran’s day this Year 2018
Watch More:- Veterans Day Quotes 2018