Veterans Day Facts 2018
Veterans Day facts 2018
Veterans Day is an important day for the people of the United Nations, they celebrate this day with full of love and respect on November 11th. Let’s discuss Some Wonderful Facts about Veterans Day.
- Basically, this day is related to the First World War, which was fought between Germany and the United Nations armed forces. Most amazing thing was that The War was ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918.
- This is not considered as a memorial day, this day is celebrated for the remembrance of the services of all the Military Veterans.
- They approved Veterans Day as a legal holiday on 13th may, 1938.
- For the first time, the celebrations of this day in 1947 were done by Weeks.
- The lady Elizabeth Dole’s insistent Weeks as the “Father of Veterans Day” in a briefing for President Reagan.
- The Congress presented the bill that was approved on June 1, 1954, swapping “Armistice” with Veterans”.
- The Veterans award was also created in 1954.
- From 1971, they were scheduling celebration on November 11 of every year. According to the Uniform Monday Holiday Act, Veterans Day was relocated to the fourth Monday of October in every year that was like October 25, 1971; October 23, 1972; ……. October 24, 1977.
- In the end, they decided to celebrate this great day on November 11 in 1978.
- The very first national Veterans Award went to the Rees of Kansas in Birmingham.
- Best Veterans Day Fact is that Alabama made his efforts to make Veterans Day as a federal holiday.
- There is another very interest thing about Veterans Day is that if there is a Sunday on November 11, the Veterans Day will be celebrated on Monday, November 12. Same like this if there is Saturday on November 11, they celebrate on November 10, Friday.
- As you know that this a federal holiday for the Citizen of United States, Students and workers have off on this day. If Veterans Day holds on Sunday then they celebrate it on following Monday and this day falls in Saturday they enjoy this day on earlier Friday as a holiday.
- Also One of the Best Veterans Day Facts is Human Resource Management Society has a great observation about Veterans Day 2018. According to this observation in a 2010 poll, 21 percent of people plan that how they observe the ceremony of Veterans Day.
- Most of the federal government offices are closed, without transferring any mail and doing any official work.
- The people who are required in offices on holiday, they get additional pay with their monthly wages.
- They print this holiday in their calendars as Veterans’ Day or Veteran’s Day and show it advertises. They clearly publish and upload about Veterans Day. This is the day of honoring Veterans, not to direct belongs to Veterans.
- According to a survey report of 2009, there were 22 million Veterans.
- Nowadays, this has been declared that there are more than 1.7 million Veterans.
Veterans Day Facts for Elementary Students
At the elementary level, this is very necessary to tell the history of a state, its wars, its sacrifices and its success. So, in American society, the teachers and parents tell their students and children respectively, about the facts of Veterans Day.
They clear them that this is completely separate from Memorial Day. This day was celebrated in the honor of Veterans and to show their loving and thankful feelings towards them. They awake the feelings of respect in their hearts and provoke them to pay special tribute to all living or dead Veterans who serve their country.
See Also:- When is veteran’s day this Year?
See Also:- 17 Brilliant Veterans Day Quotes 2018